What Hampshire wants from the Budget

Romsey Advertiser: George Osborne George Osborne

IT IS a make or break budget to lift the country out of its worst slump since the Great Depression of the 1930s.

Chancellor George Osborne will tomorrow unveil his fourth Budget – with the clock counting down to the next General Election, which must be held by 2015.

  • We'll have live coverage of the budget on this website tomorrow.

It will be a chance to restore faith among Hampshire voters in the handling of the nation’s struggling economy and finances. But, more importantly, many economic experts claim the contents of the iconic red box will decide the destiny of our stalled economy.

Last night it was predicted that Mr Osborne will be forced to reveal a downgraded growth forecast and a £8 billion borrowing overshoot.

With the UK teetering on the brink of a triple-dip recession and the country’s once-cherished AAA credit rating lost, he faces rising demands to abandon his Plan A, that is tackling the nation’s giant deficit.

But the Chancellor believes that failing to tackle the debt and deficit problems could leave the UK on the brink of a crisis like that in Cyprus.

He said tomorrow’s Budget would contain measures to help those who aspire to work hard and get on but would also set out the scale of further curbs on public spending from 2015. He indicated there would be help with the cost of childcare and announced that a £72,000 cap on the amount people must pay for social care would be brought forward to 2016.

The £144-a-week single state pension will also be introduced a year ahead of schedule in 2016.

He has also backed plans put forward in Lord Heseltine’s growth report to give local communities and businesses a greater say on how money is spent in their areas.

But on his central aim of restoring the nation’s finances Mr Osborne said there was “no miracle cure” and “painstaking work” was required.

He is also tipped to announce extra investment in house building and road projects – called for by leading business groups – and help for people to buy homes.

Last year 37p was slapped on a packet of cigarettes. Expect more of the same.

Another easy target is alcohol.

Mr Osborne has been tipped to defy calls by the struggling pub trade for a freeze on the so called “beer duty escalator”. Since this escalator was introduced in 2008 duty has risen by two per cent above inflation every year but in that time beer duty has risen by 43 per cent.

  • The Pensioner

RETIRED accountant Anthony Putnam from Southampton says his sums are not adding up because of huge petrol and food price hikes.

Romsey Advertiser: Anthony Putnam

The 73-year-old said: “I would like to see tax dropped on the state pension.

“Pensioners are much harder up than in the past with all the austerity and price rises. They
don’t have money to spend – some are going without heating and food. But if the state pension was taken out of the taxation system like other allowances then pensioners would go out and spend and help the economy.

“The Government would lose through taxation but pensioners would be likely to spend their extra money because they don’t have job insecurity to stop them spending. This would help stimulate the economy."

  • The Council Leader

SOUTHAMPTON City Council leader Richard Williams said: “I want a change in the way central
Government determine the formula for funding local government – that would be top of the list.

Romsey Advertiser: Richard Williams

“At the moment the cuts introduced by the Tory-led government fall disproportionately hard on areas with greater need like Southampton.

“For example, from Department of Communities and Local Government’s own figures the cuts to
Southampton in 2013 to 2014 are about £146 per household, while in Winchester they are only
£2. Tunbridge Wells seems to actually get an increase. This is totally unfair.

“I also want to see more incentive for growth, especially in those parts of the economy that, even during the recession, are growing.

“The best example is the green economy, which grew by five per cent last year, even though the economy as a whole at best flat lined, at worst shrank by quite a bit. Incentives or the knowledge economy and creative industries would be of significant benefit to Southampton.”

  • The Single Mother

ANGELA Chicken, a 50-year-old mum of one from Southampton city centre, who works part-time in a children’s centre, said: “I am hoping George Osborne will not carry out more attacks on people on benefits – but I am not holding my breath. I don’t see why the poorest people in the
country should pay for the banks’mistakes.

Romsey Advertiser: Angela Chicken

“I would encourage more childcare, so people could actually get to work when they need to and I would support credit unions and community groups that have been shown to help turn around economies and rebuild local communities.”

“I don’t expect to see anything positive out of the budget. I think it is the thin end of the wedge  and we all know more cuts are to come. The Government tells us we are all in this together and then cuts investment that helps those at the bottom have a stake in our future. I am disgusted at the pressure on disabled and dying people to work, the closure of community groups and charities and appalled that we are losing libraries and youth clubs.”

  • The Working Family

YOUNG families across Hampshire want something done about rocketing household bills. This has forced dad Baljinder Singh from Eastleigh to work extra hours to make ends meet, when all he wants is to spend quality time with his two young children, Yuvraj, four, and Amrat, two.

Romsey Advertiser: Pushwinder
Kaur and Baljinder Singh
with their children Amrit
Kaur and Yuvraj Singh.

Baljinder, 32, said: “As parents we just want to enjoy bringing up our children and give them the best start in life, but when I’m having to keep asking to work for extra hours just so we can pay the mortgage, they don’t always have them available and when they do it’s at the expense of quality family time, like being there to take kids to the park or a bedtime story.”

His wife Pushwinder, 30, said: “Balancing the family finances has never been more difficult than it is now.

“I feel like this current government doesn’t understand or care about young, hard working families but only cares about the super rich.

“Both my husband and I work – but with the cost of living going up by the day it seems we are having to work even harder for less.

“Why are millionaires getting tax breaks when after working so hard and more hours I’m left
with nothing at the end of the month? I want the Government to help with childcare costs so that I can afford it. I want to be able to have enough money to sometimes treat my kids or put some away for their education or a rainy day – not have to spend it on increased costs of petrol or rising energy bills.”

Business Leaders

IAN Lockwood, commercial director at Taylor Made Computer Solutions, which employs more than
120 staff at its Fareham base, said: “I would like to see the Chancellor look to the technology sector to help deliver his cost cutting agenda without having to cut services.

Romsey Advertiser: Ian Lockwood

“In our work we have seen how a range of modern techniques have improved efficiency and costs across the public sector – from local authorities to the National Health Service and there’s a long way to go down this road.  Any incentives he can offer that would encourage take-up would be money well spent.

“The roll out of high-speed broadband is another key area that business is crying out for across
Hampshire. We need the fibre-optic roll-out programme to be accelerated and widened. That would be a huge helping hand for many firms in the region looking to move their systems into hosted services and encourage the creation of new technology businesses here that will form the backbone of tomorrow’s economy.”

SIMON Court, head of corporate tax at Chandler’s Ford based law firm Blake Lapthorn, said: “The good news is that George Osborne has already announced measures designed to  encourage economic growth, which will be coming in now. These include reducing income tax
on top earners from 50 per cent to 45 per cent, and extending the 10 per cent entrepren-eurs relief to employee share option holders.

Romsey Advertiser: Simon Court

“There is also the tenfold increase in the Annual Investment Allowance on capital expenditure to £250,000, which will help bring down the tax on profits.

“The bad news is that the Chancellor seems committed to continue the austerity spending programme so his options to offer any meaningful tax windfalls are severely restricted.

“One possibility is to return the headline rate of capital gains tax to 25 per cent. Another is to bring forward the reduction in corporation tax to 21 per cent to next month instead of 2014. But this is countered by the annual cap of £50,000 on the amount of income tax relief which will be available to owners of start-ups.”

GEOFF Rhodes, managing director at Chandler’s Ford-based chartered accounts HWB, said: “I think it’s time the Chancellor did something to spark our entrepreneurs into life.

Romsey Advertiser: Geoff Rhodes

“Fresh tax and funding measures to help entrepreneurs with plans for growth and making life easier for ownermanaged businesses are long  overdue.

“It’s also time  to expand on the alternative avenues of investment to the major banks by
further tax incentives for ‘angel’ investors. In fact, stimulating business investment generally  would be a smart move.

“The annual investment allowance was temporarily increased in January and I think we’d like to see that extended further in this budget so the momentum is continued.

“Developing schemes to help the nation’s young people and to retain the skills base we have in the UK should be a key priority.

“I’d like to see an expansion  of Government  assistance to firms with apprenticeship schemes to
increase the opportunities open to young people.

“Finally, further tax reliefs to encourage  employee share ownership will not only be motivational for staff but may also help business owners with succession planning.”

SIMON Davies, director of youth employment at the UK Sailing Association in Cowes, said: “As a youth education and maritime training charity we know well the issues young eople face in
today’s society, particularly high unemployment rates.

Romsey Advertiser: Simon Davies

“There are limited pathways towards jobs, let alone careers.

“And we would like to see the Chancellor do something to help improve young people’s life chances.

“At our youth conference, which was attended by our patron, HRH Princess Royal, we heard how the education system focused on academic results and not the next steps into employment, disregarding apprentices, entrepreneurial spirit and vocational courses.

“It’s time the Government did something to help potential employers bridge the gap between education and employment.

“It’s been suggested that  Jobcentre Plus  start to provide advice and training opportunities
rather than just expect people to sign on.

“How will the Government invest in its young people this week? It will be interesting to find out.”

Comments (32)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:04am Tue 19 Mar 13

southy says...

There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying
There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying southy

11:32am Tue 19 Mar 13

OSPREYSAINT says...

It would help if they improved the buying power of the spending classes! Or persuade the wealthy to contribute more to the exchequer to save the Country from going down the tube. What they will do is squeeze the motorist and short change the poor and needy, and the drinking classes will have empty glasses.
It would help if they improved the buying power of the spending classes! Or persuade the wealthy to contribute more to the exchequer to save the Country from going down the tube. What they will do is squeeze the motorist and short change the poor and needy, and the drinking classes will have empty glasses. OSPREYSAINT

11:55am Tue 19 Mar 13

Torchie1 says...

southy wrote:
There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying
Can this prediction be added to the long list of others that haven't turned out to be correct?
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying[/p][/quote]Can this prediction be added to the long list of others that haven't turned out to be correct? Torchie1

11:59am Tue 19 Mar 13

OSPREYSAINT says...

Torchie1 wrote:
southy wrote:
There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying
Can this prediction be added to the long list of others that haven't turned out to be correct?
Only time will tell, will Comet ICON collide with the Earth, wait and see it's on it's way.
[quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying[/p][/quote]Can this prediction be added to the long list of others that haven't turned out to be correct?[/p][/quote]Only time will tell, will Comet ICON collide with the Earth, wait and see it's on it's way. OSPREYSAINT

12:08pm Tue 19 Mar 13

St Retford says...

Ken Loach's new film, The Spirit Of '45, is showing at the Harbour Lights this weekend.

Do please go and watch it - it's a beautiful work with some of the most amazing people ever committed to film. It will change a lot of how you think about this sort of thing.
Ken Loach's new film, The Spirit Of '45, is showing at the Harbour Lights this weekend. Do please go and watch it - it's a beautiful work with some of the most amazing people ever committed to film. It will change a lot of how you think about this sort of thing. St Retford

12:10pm Tue 19 Mar 13

southy says...

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
southy wrote:
There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying
Can this prediction be added to the long list of others that haven't turned out to be correct?
Only time will tell, will Comet ICON collide with the Earth, wait and see it's on it's way.
plus it's all ready started, have you not been watching or reading whats been happening over the weekend.
Aslo you not felt the full effects of the cuts that been made so far, only scrape the edge, unemployment here in the uk is going to take a massive leap up in numbers, unless Cameron do another u-turn this is on the books to happen.
[quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying[/p][/quote]Can this prediction be added to the long list of others that haven't turned out to be correct?[/p][/quote]Only time will tell, will Comet ICON collide with the Earth, wait and see it's on it's way.[/p][/quote]plus it's all ready started, have you not been watching or reading whats been happening over the weekend. Aslo you not felt the full effects of the cuts that been made so far, only scrape the edge, unemployment here in the uk is going to take a massive leap up in numbers, unless Cameron do another u-turn this is on the books to happen. southy

12:14pm Tue 19 Mar 13

Shoong says...

southy wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
southy wrote:
There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying
Can this prediction be added to the long list of others that haven't turned out to be correct?
Only time will tell, will Comet ICON collide with the Earth, wait and see it's on it's way.
plus it's all ready started, have you not been watching or reading whats been happening over the weekend.
Aslo you not felt the full effects of the cuts that been made so far, only scrape the edge, unemployment here in the uk is going to take a massive leap up in numbers, unless Cameron do another u-turn this is on the books to happen.
Well, I think we'll have to put that down to how you perceive it Peter, with your paranoia coupled with an agenda you are only going to take it one way aren't you? It's not like you have any sense of perspective either is it?
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying[/p][/quote]Can this prediction be added to the long list of others that haven't turned out to be correct?[/p][/quote]Only time will tell, will Comet ICON collide with the Earth, wait and see it's on it's way.[/p][/quote]plus it's all ready started, have you not been watching or reading whats been happening over the weekend. Aslo you not felt the full effects of the cuts that been made so far, only scrape the edge, unemployment here in the uk is going to take a massive leap up in numbers, unless Cameron do another u-turn this is on the books to happen.[/p][/quote]Well, I think we'll have to put that down to how you perceive it Peter, with your paranoia coupled with an agenda you are only going to take it one way aren't you? It's not like you have any sense of perspective either is it? Shoong

12:22pm Tue 19 Mar 13

Torchie1 says...

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
southy wrote:
There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying
Can this prediction be added to the long list of others that haven't turned out to be correct?
Only time will tell, will Comet ICON collide with the Earth, wait and see it's on it's way.
'Only time will tell' but anyone with five minutes to spare can look at the long list of Southy's predictions, which are available on-line and see his track record for themselves. Let's just say the success rate is less than impressive.
[quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying[/p][/quote]Can this prediction be added to the long list of others that haven't turned out to be correct?[/p][/quote]Only time will tell, will Comet ICON collide with the Earth, wait and see it's on it's way.[/p][/quote]'Only time will tell' but anyone with five minutes to spare can look at the long list of Southy's predictions, which are available on-line and see his track record for themselves. Let's just say the success rate is less than impressive. Torchie1

12:33pm Tue 19 Mar 13

ohec says...

I don't think he will be giving much away, least of all to pensioners and benefit claimants he needs to stimulate the economy and give workers a little bit of a boost and create jobs by giving companies an incentive to employ people. He also needs to get the house building on a roll which is more important than building railway lines that people neither want or will be able to afford, but so far this government have failed miserably to handle the economy and most ordinary people would have a better idea of how to get this country out of the mire.
I don't think he will be giving much away, least of all to pensioners and benefit claimants he needs to stimulate the economy and give workers a little bit of a boost and create jobs by giving companies an incentive to employ people. He also needs to get the house building on a roll which is more important than building railway lines that people neither want or will be able to afford, but so far this government have failed miserably to handle the economy and most ordinary people would have a better idea of how to get this country out of the mire. ohec

2:29pm Tue 19 Mar 13

8089 says...

A huge reduction in fuel duty would be a good start......Never!
A huge reduction in fuel duty would be a good start......Never! 8089

2:35pm Tue 19 Mar 13

8089 says...

Sorry about the above thought. Not sure what planet I was on!
Sorry about the above thought. Not sure what planet I was on! 8089

2:43pm Tue 19 Mar 13

southy says...

St Retford wrote:
Ken Loach's new film, The Spirit Of '45, is showing at the Harbour Lights this weekend.

Do please go and watch it - it's a beautiful work with some of the most amazing people ever committed to film. It will change a lot of how you think about this sort of thing.
Good film worth the watch
[quote][p][bold]St Retford[/bold] wrote: Ken Loach's new film, The Spirit Of '45, is showing at the Harbour Lights this weekend. Do please go and watch it - it's a beautiful work with some of the most amazing people ever committed to film. It will change a lot of how you think about this sort of thing.[/p][/quote]Good film worth the watch southy

2:59pm Tue 19 Mar 13

southy says...

8089 wrote:
Sorry about the above thought. Not sure what planet I was on!
it be a budget for the rich that the poor have to pay
[quote][p][bold]8089[/bold] wrote: Sorry about the above thought. Not sure what planet I was on![/p][/quote]it be a budget for the rich that the poor have to pay southy

3:21pm Tue 19 Mar 13

aldermoorboy says...

The rich already pay most of the taxes, tax them more and many will move abroad, then we are worst off.
The debt Labour left us with will be around our necks for a generation, they went spending mad, now we all have to pay, so will our kids.
The rich already pay most of the taxes, tax them more and many will move abroad, then we are worst off. The debt Labour left us with will be around our necks for a generation, they went spending mad, now we all have to pay, so will our kids. aldermoorboy

3:25pm Tue 19 Mar 13

cliffwalker says...

I think it unlikely that the budget will do anything to prevent a continuing recession since the current policy is to continue to copy the policies which so spectacularly failed to cure the recession of the 1930s.
I think it unlikely that the budget will do anything to prevent a continuing recession since the current policy is to continue to copy the policies which so spectacularly failed to cure the recession of the 1930s. cliffwalker

3:29pm Tue 19 Mar 13

southy says...

aldermoorboy wrote:
The rich already pay most of the taxes, tax them more and many will move abroad, then we are worst off.
The debt Labour left us with will be around our necks for a generation, they went spending mad, now we all have to pay, so will our kids.
the rich pay the smallest amount % to there earning, the debt your on about started to build up in the mid to late 80's and it increase all the time since
[quote][p][bold]aldermoorboy[/bold] wrote: The rich already pay most of the taxes, tax them more and many will move abroad, then we are worst off. The debt Labour left us with will be around our necks for a generation, they went spending mad, now we all have to pay, so will our kids.[/p][/quote]the rich pay the smallest amount % to there earning, the debt your on about started to build up in the mid to late 80's and it increase all the time since southy

3:39pm Tue 19 Mar 13

Pikey-Biker says...

southy wrote:
aldermoorboy wrote: The rich already pay most of the taxes, tax them more and many will move abroad, then we are worst off. The debt Labour left us with will be around our necks for a generation, they went spending mad, now we all have to pay, so will our kids.
the rich pay the smallest amount % to there earning, the debt your on about started to build up in the mid to late 80's and it increase all the time since
Not according to a story from the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk
/news/business-21740
450
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]aldermoorboy[/bold] wrote: The rich already pay most of the taxes, tax them more and many will move abroad, then we are worst off. The debt Labour left us with will be around our necks for a generation, they went spending mad, now we all have to pay, so will our kids.[/p][/quote]the rich pay the smallest amount % to there earning, the debt your on about started to build up in the mid to late 80's and it increase all the time since[/p][/quote]Not according to a story from the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk /news/business-21740 450 Pikey-Biker

3:45pm Tue 19 Mar 13

Cyber__Fug says...

****-Biker wrote:
southy wrote:
aldermoorboy wrote: The rich already pay most of the taxes, tax them more and many will move abroad, then we are worst off. The debt Labour left us with will be around our necks for a generation, they went spending mad, now we all have to pay, so will our kids.
the rich pay the smallest amount % to there earning, the debt your on about started to build up in the mid to late 80's and it increase all the time since
Not according to a story from the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk

/news/business-21740

450
My money is on dopey coming back with the normal, false right wing propaganda, only 10% of website are accurate.... all the normal and predictable bile he spouts.
[quote][p][bold]****-Biker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]aldermoorboy[/bold] wrote: The rich already pay most of the taxes, tax them more and many will move abroad, then we are worst off. The debt Labour left us with will be around our necks for a generation, they went spending mad, now we all have to pay, so will our kids.[/p][/quote]the rich pay the smallest amount % to there earning, the debt your on about started to build up in the mid to late 80's and it increase all the time since[/p][/quote]Not according to a story from the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk /news/business-21740 450[/p][/quote]My money is on dopey coming back with the normal, false right wing propaganda, only 10% of website are accurate.... all the normal and predictable bile he spouts. Cyber__Fug

3:53pm Tue 19 Mar 13

freefinker says...

Cyber__Fug wrote:
****-Biker wrote:
southy wrote:
aldermoorboy wrote: The rich already pay most of the taxes, tax them more and many will move abroad, then we are worst off. The debt Labour left us with will be around our necks for a generation, they went spending mad, now we all have to pay, so will our kids.
the rich pay the smallest amount % to there earning, the debt your on about started to build up in the mid to late 80's and it increase all the time since
Not according to a story from the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk


/news/business-21740


450
My money is on dopey coming back with the normal, false right wing propaganda, only 10% of website are accurate.... all the normal and predictable bile he spouts.
.. that's a good possibility, but my money is on him doing a runner.
[quote][p][bold]Cyber__Fug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]****-Biker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]aldermoorboy[/bold] wrote: The rich already pay most of the taxes, tax them more and many will move abroad, then we are worst off. The debt Labour left us with will be around our necks for a generation, they went spending mad, now we all have to pay, so will our kids.[/p][/quote]the rich pay the smallest amount % to there earning, the debt your on about started to build up in the mid to late 80's and it increase all the time since[/p][/quote]Not according to a story from the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk /news/business-21740 450[/p][/quote]My money is on dopey coming back with the normal, false right wing propaganda, only 10% of website are accurate.... all the normal and predictable bile he spouts.[/p][/quote].. that's a good possibility, but my money is on him doing a runner. freefinker

7:03pm Tue 19 Mar 13

OSPREYSAINT says...

southy wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
southy wrote:
There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying
Can this prediction be added to the long list of others that haven't turned out to be correct?
Only time will tell, will Comet ICON collide with the Earth, wait and see it's on it's way.
plus it's all ready started, have you not been watching or reading whats been happening over the weekend.
Aslo you not felt the full effects of the cuts that been made so far, only scrape the edge, unemployment here in the uk is going to take a massive leap up in numbers, unless Cameron do another u-turn this is on the books to happen.
We will never know the real truth as the numbers will always be doctored.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying[/p][/quote]Can this prediction be added to the long list of others that haven't turned out to be correct?[/p][/quote]Only time will tell, will Comet ICON collide with the Earth, wait and see it's on it's way.[/p][/quote]plus it's all ready started, have you not been watching or reading whats been happening over the weekend. Aslo you not felt the full effects of the cuts that been made so far, only scrape the edge, unemployment here in the uk is going to take a massive leap up in numbers, unless Cameron do another u-turn this is on the books to happen.[/p][/quote]We will never know the real truth as the numbers will always be doctored. OSPREYSAINT

7:05pm Tue 19 Mar 13

OSPREYSAINT says...

aldermoorboy wrote:
The rich already pay most of the taxes, tax them more and many will move abroad, then we are worst off.
The debt Labour left us with will be around our necks for a generation, they went spending mad, now we all have to pay, so will our kids.
That is a real problem, wealthy blokes emigrating and taking their loot with them, don't you just love these wonderful patriots? Good riddance and don't come back I say.
[quote][p][bold]aldermoorboy[/bold] wrote: The rich already pay most of the taxes, tax them more and many will move abroad, then we are worst off. The debt Labour left us with will be around our necks for a generation, they went spending mad, now we all have to pay, so will our kids.[/p][/quote]That is a real problem, wealthy blokes emigrating and taking their loot with them, don't you just love these wonderful patriots? Good riddance and don't come back I say. OSPREYSAINT

7:34pm Tue 19 Mar 13

Torchie1 says...

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
southy wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
southy wrote:
There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying
Can this prediction be added to the long list of others that haven't turned out to be correct?
Only time will tell, will Comet ICON collide with the Earth, wait and see it's on it's way.
plus it's all ready started, have you not been watching or reading whats been happening over the weekend.
Aslo you not felt the full effects of the cuts that been made so far, only scrape the edge, unemployment here in the uk is going to take a massive leap up in numbers, unless Cameron do another u-turn this is on the books to happen.
We will never know the real truth as the numbers will always be doctored.
How will 'we' know that the figures you produce or the ones that appeal to you haven't been doctored?
[quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying[/p][/quote]Can this prediction be added to the long list of others that haven't turned out to be correct?[/p][/quote]Only time will tell, will Comet ICON collide with the Earth, wait and see it's on it's way.[/p][/quote]plus it's all ready started, have you not been watching or reading whats been happening over the weekend. Aslo you not felt the full effects of the cuts that been made so far, only scrape the edge, unemployment here in the uk is going to take a massive leap up in numbers, unless Cameron do another u-turn this is on the books to happen.[/p][/quote]We will never know the real truth as the numbers will always be doctored.[/p][/quote]How will 'we' know that the figures you produce or the ones that appeal to you haven't been doctored? Torchie1

10:07pm Tue 19 Mar 13

OSPREYSAINT says...

Torchie1 wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
southy wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
southy wrote:
There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying
Can this prediction be added to the long list of others that haven't turned out to be correct?
Only time will tell, will Comet ICON collide with the Earth, wait and see it's on it's way.
plus it's all ready started, have you not been watching or reading whats been happening over the weekend.
Aslo you not felt the full effects of the cuts that been made so far, only scrape the edge, unemployment here in the uk is going to take a massive leap up in numbers, unless Cameron do another u-turn this is on the books to happen.
We will never know the real truth as the numbers will always be doctored.
How will 'we' know that the figures you produce or the ones that appeal to you haven't been doctored?
I rest my case, "we" will never know.
[quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying[/p][/quote]Can this prediction be added to the long list of others that haven't turned out to be correct?[/p][/quote]Only time will tell, will Comet ICON collide with the Earth, wait and see it's on it's way.[/p][/quote]plus it's all ready started, have you not been watching or reading whats been happening over the weekend. Aslo you not felt the full effects of the cuts that been made so far, only scrape the edge, unemployment here in the uk is going to take a massive leap up in numbers, unless Cameron do another u-turn this is on the books to happen.[/p][/quote]We will never know the real truth as the numbers will always be doctored.[/p][/quote]How will 'we' know that the figures you produce or the ones that appeal to you haven't been doctored?[/p][/quote]I rest my case, "we" will never know. OSPREYSAINT

10:08pm Tue 19 Mar 13

OSPREYSAINT says...

If some one was to super glue his little red box to the table he couldn't budget.
If some one was to super glue his little red box to the table he couldn't budget. OSPREYSAINT

10:10pm Tue 19 Mar 13

IronLady2010 says...

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
aldermoorboy wrote:
The rich already pay most of the taxes, tax them more and many will move abroad, then we are worst off.
The debt Labour left us with will be around our necks for a generation, they went spending mad, now we all have to pay, so will our kids.
That is a real problem, wealthy blokes emigrating and taking their loot with them, don't you just love these wonderful patriots? Good riddance and don't come back I say.
Shhhhh if Southy had his way that would happen and all the £'s would go out of this Country overnight!

India has a closed Currency to stop this happening, we'd be next if Southy had his way!
[quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]aldermoorboy[/bold] wrote: The rich already pay most of the taxes, tax them more and many will move abroad, then we are worst off. The debt Labour left us with will be around our necks for a generation, they went spending mad, now we all have to pay, so will our kids.[/p][/quote]That is a real problem, wealthy blokes emigrating and taking their loot with them, don't you just love these wonderful patriots? Good riddance and don't come back I say.[/p][/quote]Shhhhh if Southy had his way that would happen and all the £'s would go out of this Country overnight! India has a closed Currency to stop this happening, we'd be next if Southy had his way! IronLady2010

10:20pm Tue 19 Mar 13

OSPREYSAINT says...

IronLady2010 wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
aldermoorboy wrote:
The rich already pay most of the taxes, tax them more and many will move abroad, then we are worst off.
The debt Labour left us with will be around our necks for a generation, they went spending mad, now we all have to pay, so will our kids.
That is a real problem, wealthy blokes emigrating and taking their loot with them, don't you just love these wonderful patriots? Good riddance and don't come back I say.
Shhhhh if Southy had his way that would happen and all the £'s would go out of this Country overnight!

India has a closed Currency to stop this happening, we'd be next if Southy had his way!
What has Cyprus got?
[quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]aldermoorboy[/bold] wrote: The rich already pay most of the taxes, tax them more and many will move abroad, then we are worst off. The debt Labour left us with will be around our necks for a generation, they went spending mad, now we all have to pay, so will our kids.[/p][/quote]That is a real problem, wealthy blokes emigrating and taking their loot with them, don't you just love these wonderful patriots? Good riddance and don't come back I say.[/p][/quote]Shhhhh if Southy had his way that would happen and all the £'s would go out of this Country overnight! India has a closed Currency to stop this happening, we'd be next if Southy had his way![/p][/quote]What has Cyprus got? OSPREYSAINT

10:35pm Tue 19 Mar 13

IronLady2010 says...

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
IronLady2010 wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
aldermoorboy wrote:
The rich already pay most of the taxes, tax them more and many will move abroad, then we are worst off.
The debt Labour left us with will be around our necks for a generation, they went spending mad, now we all have to pay, so will our kids.
That is a real problem, wealthy blokes emigrating and taking their loot with them, don't you just love these wonderful patriots? Good riddance and don't come back I say.
Shhhhh if Southy had his way that would happen and all the £'s would go out of this Country overnight!

India has a closed Currency to stop this happening, we'd be next if Southy had his way!
What has Cyprus got?
A mess?
[quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]aldermoorboy[/bold] wrote: The rich already pay most of the taxes, tax them more and many will move abroad, then we are worst off. The debt Labour left us with will be around our necks for a generation, they went spending mad, now we all have to pay, so will our kids.[/p][/quote]That is a real problem, wealthy blokes emigrating and taking their loot with them, don't you just love these wonderful patriots? Good riddance and don't come back I say.[/p][/quote]Shhhhh if Southy had his way that would happen and all the £'s would go out of this Country overnight! India has a closed Currency to stop this happening, we'd be next if Southy had his way![/p][/quote]What has Cyprus got?[/p][/quote]A mess? IronLady2010

12:01am Wed 20 Mar 13

Torchie1 says...

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
southy wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
southy wrote:
There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying
Can this prediction be added to the long list of others that haven't turned out to be correct?
Only time will tell, will Comet ICON collide with the Earth, wait and see it's on it's way.
plus it's all ready started, have you not been watching or reading whats been happening over the weekend.
Aslo you not felt the full effects of the cuts that been made so far, only scrape the edge, unemployment here in the uk is going to take a massive leap up in numbers, unless Cameron do another u-turn this is on the books to happen.
We will never know the real truth as the numbers will always be doctored.
How will 'we' know that the figures you produce or the ones that appeal to you haven't been doctored?
I rest my case, "we" will never know.
I hope you're on hand to explain the potential for inaccuracy when the likes of Lone Ranger and Linesman use a rise in unemployment as a stick to beat the Coalition with. They appear to believe the ONS figures when it suits them.
[quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying[/p][/quote]Can this prediction be added to the long list of others that haven't turned out to be correct?[/p][/quote]Only time will tell, will Comet ICON collide with the Earth, wait and see it's on it's way.[/p][/quote]plus it's all ready started, have you not been watching or reading whats been happening over the weekend. Aslo you not felt the full effects of the cuts that been made so far, only scrape the edge, unemployment here in the uk is going to take a massive leap up in numbers, unless Cameron do another u-turn this is on the books to happen.[/p][/quote]We will never know the real truth as the numbers will always be doctored.[/p][/quote]How will 'we' know that the figures you produce or the ones that appeal to you haven't been doctored?[/p][/quote]I rest my case, "we" will never know.[/p][/quote]I hope you're on hand to explain the potential for inaccuracy when the likes of Lone Ranger and Linesman use a rise in unemployment as a stick to beat the Coalition with. They appear to believe the ONS figures when it suits them. Torchie1

3:43pm Wed 20 Mar 13

OSPREYSAINT says...

Torchie1 wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
southy wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
southy wrote:
There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying
Can this prediction be added to the long list of others that haven't turned out to be correct?
Only time will tell, will Comet ICON collide with the Earth, wait and see it's on it's way.
plus it's all ready started, have you not been watching or reading whats been happening over the weekend.
Aslo you not felt the full effects of the cuts that been made so far, only scrape the edge, unemployment here in the uk is going to take a massive leap up in numbers, unless Cameron do another u-turn this is on the books to happen.
We will never know the real truth as the numbers will always be doctored.
How will 'we' know that the figures you produce or the ones that appeal to you haven't been doctored?
I rest my case, "we" will never know.
I hope you're on hand to explain the potential for inaccuracy when the likes of Lone Ranger and Linesman use a rise in unemployment as a stick to beat the Coalition with. They appear to believe the ONS figures when it suits them.
How would I know the truth?
[quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: There are all ready indications that the world slump is about to deepen even more, as world unemployment is rising there are less people buying[/p][/quote]Can this prediction be added to the long list of others that haven't turned out to be correct?[/p][/quote]Only time will tell, will Comet ICON collide with the Earth, wait and see it's on it's way.[/p][/quote]plus it's all ready started, have you not been watching or reading whats been happening over the weekend. Aslo you not felt the full effects of the cuts that been made so far, only scrape the edge, unemployment here in the uk is going to take a massive leap up in numbers, unless Cameron do another u-turn this is on the books to happen.[/p][/quote]We will never know the real truth as the numbers will always be doctored.[/p][/quote]How will 'we' know that the figures you produce or the ones that appeal to you haven't been doctored?[/p][/quote]I rest my case, "we" will never know.[/p][/quote]I hope you're on hand to explain the potential for inaccuracy when the likes of Lone Ranger and Linesman use a rise in unemployment as a stick to beat the Coalition with. They appear to believe the ONS figures when it suits them.[/p][/quote]How would I know the truth? OSPREYSAINT

3:45pm Wed 20 Mar 13

OSPREYSAINT says...

IronLady2010 wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
IronLady2010 wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
aldermoorboy wrote:
The rich already pay most of the taxes, tax them more and many will move abroad, then we are worst off.
The debt Labour left us with will be around our necks for a generation, they went spending mad, now we all have to pay, so will our kids.
That is a real problem, wealthy blokes emigrating and taking their loot with them, don't you just love these wonderful patriots? Good riddance and don't come back I say.
Shhhhh if Southy had his way that would happen and all the £'s would go out of this Country overnight!

India has a closed Currency to stop this happening, we'd be next if Southy had his way!
What has Cyprus got?
A mess?
What are they doing about it?
[quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]aldermoorboy[/bold] wrote: The rich already pay most of the taxes, tax them more and many will move abroad, then we are worst off. The debt Labour left us with will be around our necks for a generation, they went spending mad, now we all have to pay, so will our kids.[/p][/quote]That is a real problem, wealthy blokes emigrating and taking their loot with them, don't you just love these wonderful patriots? Good riddance and don't come back I say.[/p][/quote]Shhhhh if Southy had his way that would happen and all the £'s would go out of this Country overnight! India has a closed Currency to stop this happening, we'd be next if Southy had his way![/p][/quote]What has Cyprus got?[/p][/quote]A mess?[/p][/quote]What are they doing about it? OSPREYSAINT

3:51pm Wed 20 Mar 13

kingnotail says...

How about a few quid to spruce up Southampton? A few trillion should do.
How about a few quid to spruce up Southampton? A few trillion should do. kingnotail

10:58am Thu 21 Mar 13

Pikey-Biker says...

go back up north please
go back up north please Pikey-Biker

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree