When news happens, text ROMS and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Romsey and Southampton North (House of Commons)
Mrs Caroline Nokes MP (Conservative)
Surgery: Romsey Conservatives
Second Floor, Romsey WMC
13 Market Place
Surgery Tel: 01794 512132
MP Since - 2010 Majority - 4,156 Born - 1972, Married (Marc), 1 daughter (Tabitha)
Education - Romsey Abbey Primary School, Romsey School, La Sagesse Convent, University of Sussex (Politics, 1994).
Previous Occupation - Political Assistant - (1994-2004) to her father Roy Perry MEP for Isle of Wight and Hampshire South/South East Region.
Personal Overview - Comes from a politically-orientated family and gained early experience in constituency matters as an assistant to her father in his MEP duties. She has strong local links to her new constituency having been educated locally and more recently having been a long term councillor for the local District Council. With plenty of political experience and a potentially secure constituency base once she establishes a personal vote she has every chance to prosper on the Westminster stage. Her executive role on Test Valley DC focused on Leisure & Culture, as part of which she was particularly committed to providing improved services for young people. She established Healthy Living Centres and 'The Depot' as specific facilities with local young people in mind.
Political History - Political Assistant to Roy Perry MEP (1994-2004), Councillor, Test Valley District Council (1999-2011), Cabinet Member for Leisure & Culture, Parliamentary Candidate for Romsey (2005), Member for Romsey (2010-). Member of the Environmental Audit Select Committee (2010-). Advisory Committee on Works of Art (2011-)
Characteristics - N/a.
Business Tel: 020 7219 3000
- Environmental Audit Committee (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Beer Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Biodiversity (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Body Image (Treasurer)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Children (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Diabetes (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Fair Fuel for Motorists and Hauliers (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Horse (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Leisure Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Life Sciences (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Motor Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Primary Care and Public Health (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Religious Education (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Rural Services (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for British Sikhs (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Weight Watchers Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Women in the Penal System (Member)
South East (European Parliament)
Mr Keith Taylor MEP (Green)
MEP Since - 2010 Born - 01/08/1953. Partner (Lizzie).
Education - N/a.
Previous Occupation - Worked in sales (1972-1980). Self-employed/Co-Director of a local business (1980-1999). Regional Liaison Officer for Caroline Lucas MEP (2002-2007).
Personal Overview - Replaced the outgoing Caroline Lucas here in June 2010 after she was successful in her bid to become the Green party's first MP at Westminster. He is an experienced Councillor, having led the Green Group in Brighton for a number of years. He has also shown an interest in foreign affairs issues, as a Councillor was active in campaigning to secure the release of Brighton resident Omar Degayes from the Guantanamo Bay detention facility. He has also been involved in High Court action supporting families with Autistic children. Within the party, he has been a spokesperson on planning and regeneration as well as a Principal Speaker at the time when the party had not adopted a single leader. He has also been involved in policy development with the party election manifesto. Locally, he he is likely to have gained a good knowledge of his electoral region through his work for his predecessor.
Political History - Councillor, Brighton and Hove City Council (1999-2010). Green Group Leader (2001-08). Chair, Association of Green Councillors (2001-2002). Principal Speaker for the Green Party of England & Wales (2004-2006). Regeneration Spokesperson (2008-10). MEP South East Region (2010-). Member of the Afghanistan Delegation (2010-), Substitute member of the Palestinian Legislative Council (2010-) and the Iran Delegation (2010-). Member of the International Trade Committee (2010-) and the Transport and Tourism Committee (2010-). Substitute member of the Petitions Committee (2010-).
Other Information - Has been a Vice President of the UKs Local Government Association Group in the European Parliament. Former representative for Brighton and Hove on the UN Peace Messenger City project and a City representative to the Local Government Association.
Intergroups - Member of the LGBT Rights Group.
Business Tel: +32 (0)2 28 45153
Interests: Environment,Economic Regeneration,Womans Issues,Regional Policy,Conservation
- Petitions (Substitute)
- Transport & Tourism (Member)
- International Trade (Member)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org