A FIRE broke out in a kitchen of a flat in Hampshire today.

Firefighters from Romsey Fire Station and Redbridge were called to Butlers Close in Lockerley, north of Romsey.

The fire had broke out in the kitchen of a ground floor flat, and was out within forty minutes of firefighters arriving at 3.52pm.

A spokeswoman for Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said they have had to deal with a number of fires that have started in the kitchen recently.

She said: "This is the third incident of kitchen fire we have attended in a number of days, we would ask people to make sure that they never leave cooking unattended and to take pans off the hob."