ALRESFORD Town Trust is displaying historic artefacts unearthed in the Cheriton area.
The trusts museums committee has borrowed the items from the villages archives being organised by Pat Culpin.
The display at the library in Broad Street includes flints believed to date between 2000 and 6000 BC.
Cheriton is also famous for the battle in March 1644 between the Royalists and the Roundheads in the English Civil War, which was fought in the fields near Cheriton.
A cannon ball is on display that was found at the probable site of the battle. Other items include old household items as used early in the last Century, or earlier, such as flat irons, scales, a foot warmer and a paraffin lamp.
The display cabinet also contains the three Alresford maces used by the Bailiff and Burgesses, who pre-date the New Alresford Town Trustees, originating in 1572.