A MAN suffered burns to his arm after setting fire to a log cabin on grass.

Just after 9.30pm last night, firefighters rushed to Lee Lane, in Lee, after a man tried to control-burn a log cabin on grassland.

Hampshire Fire and Rescue said the fire got out of control and spread through the grass, leading to the man suffering a superficial flash burn to the arm.

Crews spent an hour-and-a-half trying to bring the fire under control while helping the man who had suffered the burns.

The stop message came at 11.01pm.