A CAT is being treated for smoke inhalation following a fire in a Romsey house, as another was rescued in the early hours of this morning.

It is believed an electric radiator was the cause of the blaze in the utility room of a house's attached garage in Grayling Mead, Romsey at 3.39am.

Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service say everybody evacuated when the smoke alarm went off, and a cat was rescued.

Another cat which was found following a search for the feline has smoke inhalation and the owner will be taking it to the nearest vet. 

Animal rescue services were at the scene.

HFRS said three fire crews attended from Romsey, Redbridge and St Mary's and the stop message was 4.15am.