PLANS to create a temporary track in Romsey have been delayed, it has been revealed.

As reported, the application, submitted by Barratt David Wilson Homes Southampton, came under fire from residents over fears agricultural vehicles could use it to pass through the Kings Chase development.

If approved by Test Valley Borough Council (TVBC), the track would start at Scoreys Crescent and end at Ganger Farm.

Now, a decision on the plans has been pushed back by planning chiefs, which should have been made by Wednesday, September 9.

However, it is not known why at this stage.

READ: Plans for a temporary track come under fire from Romsey residents >>> 

This comes after two residents heavily criticised the plans for the temporary track, believing children who play on the development could be put at risk with the extra vehicles.

Paul Withers, who lives in Scoreys Crescent, said: "We have been told the access is required for larger agricultural equipment and deliveries, via lorries.

"During lockdown and the summer, children are see routinely riding their bikes around the development, especially Scoreys Crescent, because it has very limited vehicle movements.

"The thought of larger vehicles navigating through the estate raises significant safety concerns."

He stressed there are already two routes to Ganger Farm, along "Ganger Farm Lane" and the other "via the direct link between Jermyns Lane and Ganger Farm", adding they are "safer than the proposed route through the estate".

READ: Romsey residents react to tree plans being axed >>>

John Mills, who lives in Scoreys Crescent, said: "Kings Chase is a new development, which includes three play areas and children are often seen running and cycling on the roads.

"To allow this access to the farm will encourage large unwanted vehicles to use the small residential roads, some of which are maintained by residents."

He added: "Scoreys Crescent, as the name suggests, is a crescent shaped road and has not been built to accommodate a through road by agricultural vehicles which is inappropriate for a residential area."

Barratt Homes declined to comment, while TVBC has been contacted for comment. 

As previously reported in the Romsey Advertiser, angry residents slammed plans to axe the oak tree at the end of Scoreys Crescent, claiming a road leading to Ganger Farm would be built in its place, despite there being two access points to the farmland from Ganger Farm Lane and Jermyns Lane.

READ: Angry Romsey residents object to plans to chop down oak tree >>> 

Development director for Barratt Homes, Julian Jones, hit back at the claims stressing they were already given planning permission to “remove two trees on the boundary of Ganger Farm”, to build a track into the owner's land.

Despite this, the plans to cut the tree down on Monday, June 15 were scrapped.