A DISPERSAL order in Romsey has ended today following a rise in anti-social behaviour.

Hampshire police revealed the powers finished today [May 4] at 6am after extra patrols were done in the market town by the Andover Town team on Sunday, May 2.

The dispersal zone covered the town centre, down to Bypass Road and up to Sandy Lane.

This comes after the dispersal order was extended for a "second week", which kicked off again on Friday, April 30, and ran over the bank holiday weekend, according to a Facebook post from Test Valley Cops.

The powers were originally implemented at lunchtime on Friday, April 23, and ran until 6am on Monday, April 26.

During this time, one 15-year-old boy was given a dispersal notice after being part of a group causing anti-social behaviour in The Hundred.

He was seen walking away from the area on police attendance and spoken with.

A further four teenagers, aged between 15 and 17-years-old, were given dispersal notices following reports of anti-social behaviour at the Bus Station, Broadwater Road.

No arrests were made as part of the dispersal order.

Inspector Chris Taylor previously said: “A section 35 dispersal order was put into place after hearing concerns about anti-social behaviour in the town centre.

“Our aim was to offer reassurance and support to our communities, and take enforcement action against those causing trouble in the town centre.

“Our message is clear, anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated in Romsey. We will continue to deal with this type of disorder whenever and wherever it occurs and will continue working with our partners to combat this issue in the longer term.

“Please continue to report these incidents to us on 101 or via our website, we value your concerns and every bit of information helps us to direct our resources and provide the best service to our communities.”

The order gave officers the power to disperse people under Section 35 of the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014; they could also seize any items used in the commission of anti-social behaviour.

Those under 16 would have been taken be to their home address, and follow-up work would have been done with parents.