Romsey edged an exciting best of five goals encounter when a 92nd minute goal gave them a come-from-behind victory over fellow strugglers Fawley.

Town’s win gave them their first points of the season after three away defeats had seen them slip to near the foot of the table.

Jack Odam’s opening strike was cancelled out by the Oilers’ Sam Boon to leave the first half level, and after the break Dylan Knight gave the visitors the lead.

A late own goal and Geoff Dunn’s added time winner saw The Bypass Boys dramatically snatch the points, writes TONY GALSWORTHY.

Having conceded ten goals in losing to three of the sides occupying the top four spots in the Division One table, Town were relieved to get off to a flying start when Jack Odam put them ahead in the 15th minutes.

Pearce Farren’s long range pass picked out Odam as he raced clear of the Oiler’s defence and from the edge of the box, he confidently lobbed the advancing ‘keeper.

Town fans’ joy was short lived though as Valero rushed from his area in the 23rd minute but failed to clear a pass to the right wing and Sam Boon side stepped his lunge before calmly floating the ball into the empty net to level the score.

The visitors now had the upper hand and Valero made two vital saves as the first half ended.

The second half opened with Valero making another save at the feet of an attacker, before Town’s Hancock saw an effort cleared off the line.

However, this allowed the Oilers to break away and Boon crossed for Knight to convert at the far post.

Charlie Rattley limped off to be replaced by Geoff Dunn, whose free kick was saved by the ‘keeper and in the ensuing melee Hancock had a header cleared off the line.

Bryant then took charge, and his surging run and subsequent cross cannoned off a defender for an own goal in the 80th minute.

Valero produced another fine one handed save to deny the visitors and as the game ticked over in to added time, the draw seemed the likeliest outcome.

Until that is Harry Prisk darted down the right flank and squared the ball to the unmarked Dunn whose powerful side foot strike from eighteen yards saw the net ripple to the delight of the home fans.

Town will hope this hard-fought victory gives their league campaign lift off, as they move up to fifteenth in the table, and they followed it up with another home win on Tuesday evening defeating Petersfield Town by 2-1 in a Hampshire Senior Cup First Round tie.

The hosts fell behind to a 2nd minute strike from Alex Yates but were level on the half hour when Jack Odam laced a pass through the defence for Oliver Jenkins to round the ‘keeper and score with aplomb.

With an hour gone Town scored what proved to be the decisive goal when Odam raced onto a 50 yards pass from Farren, and expertly lobbed the ‘keeper.

Despite a late barrage from the visitors, Romsey held on and will now be at home to the winner of the Horndean v Royal Navy FA tie in the Second Round.

The Bypass Boys are in action again tomorrow (kick-off 3pm) when they welcome local rivals Totton & Eling to The AEC Protection Ground for a league fixture.