EASTLEIGH had to fight back from behind to book their place in the Hampshire FA Senior Cup quarter-finals.

Despite fielding a strong side, the Spitfires were given a 26th-minute jolt when Eder Batista fired in off the post for Sydenhams Premier visitors Bournemouth Poppies.

But inevitably National League class told as Cavaghn Miley struck in the 67th and 70th minutes, leaving Paul McCallum to complete the 3-1 fightback from Craig McAllister’s flick-on.

The Spitfires also had two ‘goals’ disallowed while fit-again Sam Wood hammered a free-kick onto the crossbar.

There were joyous scenes at Winchester City where Craig Davis’s men knocked out Cup holders Basingstoke Town on penalties.

Jack McKnight had given Stoke a 2-0 lead, but City hit back through Liam Gilbert, Rob Flooks and Joe Crook to go 3-2 up on 88 minutes before Callum Bunting made it 3-3 in stoppage time.

It went straight to a shootout which Winchester won 5-4.

FA Vase heroes Hamble Club also progressed on penalties, 4-3, after drawing 2-2 with Christchurch – Nathan Lynch bagging both Monks’ goals.

Havant & Waterlooville triumphed 3-0 at Moneyfields through Theo Lewis, Jordan Rose and Matt Tubbs (penalty), while a 14th-minute Bobby Scott header sneaked AFC Portchester past Romsey Town 1-0.

Blackfield & Langley eased their way through to the last eight 2-0 at Tadley Calleva courtesy of Connor Doe and Sam Poole.

*HOLDERS Sholing are safely through to the Sydenhams League Cup quarter-finals.

After a goalless first-half at home to Petersfield Town, the Boatmen finally burst the dam with a 67th-minute Kev Brewster free-kick.

Six minutes later Marvin McLean struck and then the pair combined for a 76th-minute third – Brewster converting the penalty after McLean had been tripped.

Sholing are joined in the last eight by Fawley AFC, who edged the all-Sydenhams One showdown with AFC Stoneham on penalties.

Kieran Roche and Ben Bolton twice put the Oilers in front, only for Chris Manning to peg them back each time with a 59th-minute spot kick and a 35- yard belter on 90 minutes.

Stoneham, who had earlier had another penalty saved when Jon Page denied Matt Palmer, then lost the shootout 5-4.

*VERWOOD Town will meet Bashley in the Bournemouth Senior Cup final after a 2-1 extra-time win a higher league Lymington Town.

Matt Vining fired them through after Ron Frost’s opener for Verwood had been snuffed out by a Sam House penalty.

SALISBURY powered up to fourth in the Evo-Stik South West with a landslide 6-1 home win over Kidlington.

Former Winchester City midfielder Stuart Green was instrumental in the victory, forcing a seventh-minute own goal before scoring twice himself.

New strike signing Owen Howe from Tiverton Town also bagged a brace for the Whites while Lewis Benson struck once.

Kidlington were already 4-0 down by the time Mark James replied and, at 5-1, the visitors had Elliott Osbourne-Ricketts red-carded.